Business Rules - The Cynic's Guidebook to the Corporate Overlords
The Secrets of the Corporate Overlords Revealed at Last!
Sure you go to the office every day but do you really understand how the business world works? By rules of course! Many of these rules are hushed secrets, unspoken truths hidden from the staff, - or assumed common sense. They do exist; and If you know the rules of this game we call "work," you stand a chance of surviving and even thriving.
Bestselling author Blaine Pardoe (Cubicle Warfare) has documented the common sense rules and guides for how the working world works. Everything from day-to-day handling of work to managing your career is covered in some form in this easy to read and entertaining business management book. Topics from Reorganizations to Outsourcing; Decision Making to Corporate Culture; Career Management to Effective Meetings; and from Change Management to the quirkiness of the IT Department, are dissected and detailed in terms of the rules that govern them.
Pardoe has pulled no punches in his exposing how work actually happens and what you can do to survive it. Business Rules is helpful, snarky, funny, cynical, topical, witty and incredibly pertinent to anyone attempting to carve out a career in the cut-throat world of the competitive workplace. It is the kind of book you can open up to any page and pick up something that will make you a better employee or dodge a pitfall that could imperial your job. This is the book that every business school should have as required reading.
You may think you know how things get done at the office...Business Rules will either confirm what you've always suspected, or provide you with much needed information on successfully navigating your career. Either way - you're welcome!
- Author: Blaine Pardoe
- Publication Date: 2013-07-16
- Publisher: Blaine L. Pardoe
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: Blaine L. Pardoe
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 211 pages
- ASIN: B00E1U41GY
- Pictures on Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Photos, Paintings, Drawings, and Other Graphics, or Tips on Formatting Your Images So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- The Fires of October: The Planned US Invasion of Cuba During the Missile Crisis of 1962
- Time Management: Create Forward Momentum with Time Management (Your Personal Development Book 1)
- Think Big: Unleashing Your Potential for Excellence
- Magnetism: A No-Nonsense Guide To Living A Legendary Life