Murder in Battle Creek: The Mysterious Death of Daisy Zick (True Crime)
On a bitterly cold morning in January 1963, Daisy Zick was brutally murdered in her Battle Creek home. No fewer than three witnesses caught a glimpse of the killer, yet today, it remains one of Michigan’s most sensational unsolved crimes. The act of pure savagery rocked not only the community but also the Kellogg Company, where she worked. Here, Blaine Pardoe artfully takes the reader into this true crime thriller. Utilizing long-sealed police files and interviews with the surviving investigators, the true story of the investigation can finally be told. Who were the key suspects? What evidence does the police still have on this five-decades-old cold case? Just how close did this murder come to being solved? Is the killer still alive? These questions and more are masterfully brought to the forefront for true crime fans and armchair detectives.
- Author: Blaine L. Pardoe
- Publication Date: 2013-06-13
- Publisher: The History Press
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: The History Press
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 161 pages
- ASIN: B00DEI677A
- The Murder of Maggie Hume: Cold Case in Battle Creek (True Crime)
- Murder in the Stacks: Penn State, Betsy Aardsma, and the Killer Who Got Away
- To Hatred Turned: Everything is Bigger in Texas, Including the Crimes
- Lonely Graves: a Texas Murder Trilogy
- Murder in Boston: A Woman Murdered. A City Town Apart. A Crime That Gripped a Nation. And That's Just the Beginning...