Inside SEAL Team Six: My Life and Missions with America's Elite Warriors
The Inside Story of America's Ultimate Warriors When Osama bin Laden was assassinated, the entire world was fascinated by the men who had completed the seemingly impossible mission that had dogged the U.S. government for over a decade. SEAL Team 6 became synonymous with heroism, duty, and justice. Only a handful of the elite men who make up the SEALs, the US Navy's best and bravest, survive the legendary and grueling selection process that leads to becoming a member of Team 6, a group so classified it technically does not even exist. There are no better warriors on Earth.
Don Mann knows what it takes to be a brother in this ultra-selective fraternity. As a member of Seal Team Six for over eight years and a SEAL for over seventeen years, he worked in countless covert operations, operating from land, sea, and air, and facing shootings, decapitations, and stabbings. He was captured by the enemy and lived to tell the tale, and he participated in highly classified missions all over the globe, including Somalia, Panama, El Salvador, Colombia, Afghanistan, and Iraq. As a coordinator for several civilian SEAL training programs, and as a former Training Officer of SEAL Team Six, he was directly responsible for shaping the bodies and minds of SEALs who carried out the assassination of Osama bin Laden.
But to become a SEAL, Mann had to overcome his own troubled childhood and push his body to its breaking point--and beyond. INSIDE SEAL TEAM 6 is a high octane narrative of physical and mental toughness, giving unprecedented insight to the inner workings of the training and secret missions of the world's most respected and feared combat unit.
- Publication Date: 2011-12-05
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
- Binding: Hardcover, 304 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 650L x 125W x 975H
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 930L x 600W x 120H
- Weight: 115
- List Price: $27.99
- ASIN: B00BV2MJTQ
- SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper (Thorndike Press Large Print Biography Series)
- Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice
- Hunt the Wolf: A SEAL Team Six Novel
- No Hero: The Evolution of a Navy SEAL
- SEAL Team Six: Hunt the Scorpion