My Carrier War
More than just another blood-'n-guts memoir, Norm Berg's MY CARRIER WAR is a detailed account of carrier pilots and their planes, an engaging love story and a courageous examination of a young man's battle with--and eventual victory over--fear and self-doubt.
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Three days later, a young Navy pilot-in-training won his wings and soon found himself flying torpedo planes against enemy targets in the Pacific. From his days as a naval aviation cadet aboard the "Yellow Peril" biplane trainer, to his first bombing runs on Guadalcanal, to his life aboard an aircraft carrier in the South Pacific, Norman Berg offers a fast-paced narrative filled with humor and meticulous attention to detail.
Much more than a simple WWII memoir, this story goes beyond the action of battle to explore the author's innermost conflicts and chronicles one young couple's wartime struggle to balance love, duty, and commitment.
- Author: Norman E. Berg
- Publication Date: 2013-03-01
- Publisher: L&R Publishing/Hellgate Press
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: L&R Publishing/Hellgate Press
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 208 pages
- ASIN: B00BUW9N14
- MY WAR: THE TRUE EXPERIENCES OF A U.S. ARMY AIR FORCE PILOT IN WORLD WAR II
- The Wrong Stuff: The Adventures and Misadventures of an 8th Air Force Aviator
- Look, Mom-I Can Fly! Memoirs of a World War II P-38 Fighter Pilot
- Ace and His Angel: Memoirs of a WWII Fighter Pilot
- SURVIVOR: USS Russell a World War Two Destroyer