No Way Out: A Story of Valor in the Mountains of Afghanistan
It seemed like an impossible mission right from the start.
A Special Forces team planned to land in an enemy-held valley, scale a steep mountain in Afghanistan to surprise and capture a terrorist leader.
But before they found the target, the target found them...
The team was caught in a deadly ambush that not only threatened their lives, but the entire mission. The elite soldiers fought for hours, huddled on a small rock ledge as rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine gun fire rained down on them. With total disregard for their own safety, they tended to their wounded and kept fighting to stay alive.
When the battle finally ended, ten soldiers had earned Silver Stars- the Army's third highest award for combat valor. It was the most Silver Stars awarded to any unit in one battle since Vietnam.
Based on dozens of interviews with those who were there, No Way Out is a compelling narrative of an epic battle that not only tested the soldiers' mettle but serves as a cautionary tale: Be careful what you ask a soldier to do because they will die trying to accomplish their mission.
- Publication Date: 2012-03-06
- Publisher: Berkley Hardcover
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Berkley Hardcover
- Binding: Hardcover, 336 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 637L x 121W x 928H
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 610W x 150H
- Weight: 130
- List Price: $26.95
- ASIN: B00B9ZD93A
- Gentlemen Bastards: On the Ground in Afghanistan with America's Elite Special Forces
- Roberts Ridge: A Story of Courage and Sacrifice on Takur Ghar Mountain, Afghanistan
- Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan
- Living with Honor: A Memoir
- The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor