THE WAY OF GRACE (A Miller's Creek Novel Book 3)
Christian Contemporary Romantic Suspense
A small-town girl seeks a perfect life with the perfect man, but learns too late that all that glitters isn't gold.
Gracie Soldano, a justice-seeking perfectionist fresh out of law school, dreams of a perfect life in her hometown of Miller's Creek, Texas. How could it be possible that the perfect man--who just happens to be her handsome colleague--expresses an interest in someone like her? But then an old boyfriend shows up with his kind heart and less-than-perfect persona, warning her away from the new love interest and messing around with her dreams of perfection.
In a cruel twist, a fall at the hands of manipulative people leaves Gracie teetering between vengeance and grace. In an attempt to help those who seek her destruction, she’s inadvertently caught in the cross-fire of a personal vendetta, and in a split-second her perfect dreams disintegrate in a heap of ashes. Can she–especially in the face of life-altering circumstances–bestow on her enemies the grace and mercy God has lavished on her?
Interview With The Author
Q - Why write stories about a small fictional town in Texas?
A - I grew up in a small Texas town, so I know all the pros and cons and absolute blessings of living in a place like Miller's Creek--a laid-back, down-home lifestyle, wonderful folks, and even a few who think it's their job to know everyone's personal business. The stories were designed to give readers an experience of feeling like they've arrived at a place that feels like home.
Although the Miller's Creek novels are technically classified as romances, they're really so much more: southern fiction, women's fiction (though I have a surprisingly high amount of men readers), suspense, comedy, drama, even a little bit of psychological thriller thrown in to keep readers turning pages. And each of the books carry a distinctive spiritual theme as well as an overall journey theme for the series. (Hence words like roads, path, way, pilgrimage, and bridge in the titles.)
Q - In what order should the books be read?
A - The books were created as stand-alone novels, so they can be read in any order. However, if you have OCD issues like me, you might want to read them in the order in which they were written:
-A PATH LESS TRAVELED
-THE WAY OF GRACE
-PILGRIMAGE OF PROMISE
-A BRIDGE UNBROKEN (and its companion Bible study on the theme of forgiveness, THE FRAGRANCE OF CRUSHED VIOLETS)
-CROSSROADS (Coming Soon)
Q - So why will readers be interested in the Miller's Creek novels?
A - Based on reader reviews, I'd say the books are compelling reads for these five main reasons:
1. They make readers laugh one minute and tear up the next.
2. They offer plenty of conflict and tension to keep readers turning pages.
3. The setting is compelling. (Some readers have compared Miller's Creek to Mayberry, only Texas-style. And I've lost count of how many readers have told me they want to live in Miller's Creek.)
4. The characters are endearing and relatable.
5. The books' themes are spiritually impactful.
In addition, all the books are rated at 4.5 stars or higher.
Q - Have any plans to bundle the series into a collection?
A - Actually the first three books have been bundled. Readers can check out my Amazon author page for a full list of my book titles, including the collection. And a big shout out to my reader friends: Thanks for reading!
Miller's Creek Novels eBook Categories:
Contemporary Christian Fiction
Contemporary Christian Romance
Christian Romantic Suspense
Contemporary Christian Romantic Suspense
Women's Religious Romance
Christian Women's Fiction
Christian Contemporary Western Romance
Inspirational Romantic Suspense
- Author: Cathy Bryant
- Publication Date: 2012-09-25
- Publisher: WordVessel Press
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: WordVessel Press
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 320 pages
- ASIN: B009H7TIFU
- A PATH LESS TRAVELED (A Miller's Creek Novel Book 2)
- A BRIDGE UNBROKEN (A Miller's Creek Novel Book 5)
- PILGRIMAGE OF PROMISE: Contemporary Christian Women's Romance Fiction (A Miller's Creek Novel Book 4)
- TEXAS ROADS (A Miller's Creek Novel Book 1)
- MILLER'S CREEK COLLECTION 1: Christian romance & romantic suspense