Handsome, brilliant, memorable: he was the wrong man for the wrong assignment. No wonder his first mission behind enemy lines was also his last. But from his failure came the hope and determination that birthed a new nation.
Meet Nathan Hale, the most endearing hero of the American Revolution. Halestorm presents the true—well, mostly true; OK, partially true—story of the legendary 21-year-old spy who hanged after regretting he had only one life to give for his country.
Early death ought to be enough disaster for any guy, but Nathan also has a spirited sweetheart, a penchant for puns—and a deadly rival for his lady’s hand.
Filled with love and conflict, murder and betrayal, Halestorm stirs our deepest emotions as it transports readers to the exotic world of Revolutionary America and asks, “What would you choose: love, honor, or freedom?”
"Halestorm is a triumph of literary artistry and historical research…"
-- American Daily Herald
- Author: Becky Akers
- Publication Date: 2013-11-21
- Publisher: Quackenduck Books
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: Quackenduck Books
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 366 pages
- ASIN: B008YF7H9A
- Abducting Arnold
- The Templars
- Twelve Years a Slave: Narrative of Solomon Northup, a Citizen of New York, Kidnapped In Washington City in 1841 and Rescued in 1853, From a Cotton Plantation Near the Red River in Louisiana.
- The Second Messiah: A Thriller
- Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body