Backcountry Fury: A Sixteen-Year-Old Patriot in the Revolutionary War
Sixteen-year-old Thomas Young vows revenge against the British Army and local Tories for murdering his older brother in the spring of 1780. The South Carolina backcountry is rife with civil unrest as British General Cornwallis attempts to take command of the Carolinas and suppress the great American rebellion. Thomas matures quickly in the life and death struggles at Kings Mountain where he fights bare-footed against Major Patrick Ferguson and 900 Tories and at the Cowpens where he leads a cavalry charge against Bloody Banister Tarleton and his fierce Dragoons.
This true story is perfect for young adults and lovers of American history and adventure of all ages.
- Author: Tony Zeiss
- Publication Date: 2012-06-26
- Product Group: eBooks
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 175 pages
- ASIN: B008F873WC
- REDEMPTION: Thirty-Sixth in a Series of Jess Williams Westerns (A Jess Williams Western Book 36)
- Jedidiah Cole, Frontier Scout: The Desperate Search (Book 1) (Jedidiah Cole; Frontier Scout)
- Jedidiah Cole, Frontier Scout: You Cannot Serve Two Masters (Book 2) (Jedidiah Cole; Frontier Scout)
- DARK CLOUD: Thirty-Fifth in the Series of Jess Williams Westerns (A Jess Williams Western Book 35)
- Morgan: A Frank Roderus Western