I'll Have The Soup And Salad (Know About Cooking Series Book 1)
When you envision the perfect bowl of steamy, delicious soup, what comes to mind? Is it the soup your mother or grandmother used to make from scratch using fresh vegetables and fresh beef or chicken simmered in a savory broth with just the right mixture of herbs and garlic? Maybe your dream soup is a thick, rich bowl of New England Clam Chowder. Or maybe it's a nice can of condensed soup that you add a can of water to and Voila - you have your favorite soup. What? Scratch that last one because you won't find any of that in this book. You will, however, find the first two.
You will find 26 soup recipes with some of the classic soups like Chicken Noodle Soup, Southern Style Vegetable Soup, Cheddar Cheese and Potato Soup, Seafood Gumbo, Minestrone and many more. Some are fairly quick to make, but some take time. I do not apologize for that. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Plan ahead and make the ones that take longer to prepare on the weekends. Most of these soups freeze beautifully, so it is the "cook once, serve three times" philosophy. You'll thank me for that once you get the hang of it.
You will also find 12 recipes in the salad section including salad, crouton and vinaigrette recipes and suggestions to round out your delicious soups and stews.
The recipes in this book will have the number of servings, preparation time and total time from start to finish. Your time may vary if you are just starting to learn to cook. There is also a nutritional analysis with each recipe calculated using the USDA database, Version SR-24. A nutritional analysis is very important if you have any diet restrictions or if you are trying to lose weight.
Cooking Tips and Techniques have been included to help new cooks get their bearings in the kitchen. I hope seasoned cooks can pick up a useful tidbit or two also.
I hope you enjoy I'll Have The Soup And Salad and find many useful ideas for feeding your family and friends.
- Author: Katherine Baldwin
- Publication Date: 2013-11-17
- Product Group: eBooks
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 122 pages
- ASIN: B007V4UADU
- The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Nourishing Meals Made Fast
- Make Money On Airbnb: How To Quickly And Easily Earn $2,500 A Month From Your Home
- Baking Bible - Top 200 Baking Recipes (Baking cookbook, Baking Recipes, Bakery, Baking Soda, Muffins, Bread, Biscuits, Scones, Cookies, Walnut, Corn, Wheat)
- A No Sugar Recipe Book: The Best 30 Recipes for People on a No Sugar Diet (Sugar Free Cookbook)
- Crock Pot Recipes - The Ultimate 500 CrockPot Recipes Cookbook (Crock-Pot Meals, Crock Pot Cookbook, Slow Cooker, Slow Cooker Recipes, Slow Cooking, Slow ... Meals, Paleo, Vegan): Bonus 200 Recipes