Eyes Right: Confessions from a Woman Marine
When Crow pledged herself to God, Corps, and Country, women Marines were still a rarity, and gender inequality and harassment were rampant. Determined to prove she belonged, Crow always put her career first—even when, after two miscarriages and a stillborn child, her marriage to another Marine officer began to deteriorate. And when her affair with a prominent general was exposed—and both were threatened with court-martial—Crow was forced to re-evaluate her loyalty to the Marines, her career, and her family.
Eyes Right is Crow’s story. A clear-eyed self-portrait of a troubled teen bootstrapping her way out of a world of alcoholism and domestic violence, it is also a rare inside look at the Marines from a woman’s perspective. Her memoir, which includes two Pushcart Prize–nominated essays, evokes the challenges of being a woman and a Marine with immediacy and clarity, and in the process reveals how much Crow’s generation did for today’s military women, and at what cost.
- Author: Tracy Crow
- Publication Date: 2012-04-01
- Publisher: University of Nebraska Press
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: University of Nebraska Press
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 224 pages
- ASIN: B007IPQ4XC
- An Unlawful Order (The Chase Anderson Series)
- To Err is Human, To Forgive Divine: However Neither is Marine Corps Policy
- Cruising Attitude: Tales of Crashpads, Crew Drama, and Crazy Passengers at 35,000 Feet
- Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society: A Novel
- The Few. The Proud.: Women Marines in HarM&Apos;s Way (Praeger Security International)