Parachute Infantry: An American Paratrooper's Memoir of D-Day and the Fall of the Third Reich
David Kenyon Webster’s memoir is a clear-eyed, emotionally charged chronicle of youth, camaraderie, and the chaos of war. Relying on his own letters home and recollections he penned just after his discharge, Webster gives a first hand account of life in E Company, 101st Airborne Division, crafting a memoir that resonates with the immediacy of a gripping novel.
From the beaches of Normandy to the blood-dimmed battlefields of Holland, here are acts of courage and cowardice, moments of irritating boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror, and pitched urban warfare. Offering a remarkable snapshot of what it was like to enter Germany in the last days of World War II, Webster presents a vivid, varied cast of young paratroopers from all walks of life, and unforgettable glimpses of enemy soldiers and hapless civilians caught up in the melee. Parachute Infantry is at once harsh and moving, boisterous and tragic, and stands today as an unsurpassed chronicle of war—how men fight it, survive it, and remember it.
NOTE: This edition does not include photos.
- Author: David Webster
- Publication Date: 2011-10-12
- Publisher: Dell
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 402 pages
- ASIN: B005O1BYS2
- Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends
- Easy Company Soldier: The Legendary Battles of a Sergeant from World War II's "Band of Brothers"
- Shifty's War: The Authorized Biography of Sergeant Darrell "Shifty" Powers, the Legendary Shar pshooter from the Band of Brothers
- Company Commander: The Classic Infantry Memoir of WWII
- We Who Are Alive and Remain: Untold Stories from the Band of Brothers