Revenge of the Pearl Harbor Survivors
In 2011 we commemorated the 70th Anniversary of the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. All of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carriers survived that assault. This is their story.
Thanks to the survival and clever deployment of the carriers in 1942, the United States Navy was able to effectively thwart and delay Japan's military aggression throughout the Pacific despite the tragic loss of many battleships and over 2,400 military personnel on December 7.
This is also a story of valor and sacrifice as only two of these ships survived that first year. By bravely and stubbornly blunting Japanese thrusts until newly built reinforcements could arrive, the surviving aircraft carriers and their courageous sailors and airmen exacted a true measure of revenge for Pearl Harbor.
- Author: John E. Nevola
- Publication Date: 2011-07-24
- Publisher: John E. Nevola
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: John E. Nevola
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 58 pages
- ASIN: B005EDAROM
- Captured: A WW II Experience of Air Force P.O.W.S in Germany
- Rising Sun, Falling Skies: The Disastrous Java Sea Campaign of World War II (General Military)
- Humble Heroes, How The USS Nashville CL43 Fought WWII
- Foreign Planes in the Service of the Luftwaffe
- Black May: The Epic Story of the Allies' Defeat of the German U-Boats in May 1943