Hope Unseen: The Story of the U.S. Army's First Blind Active-Duty Officer
Blindness became Captain Scotty Smiley’s journey of supreme testing. As he lay helpless in the hospital, he resented the theft of his dreams—becoming a CEO, a Delta Force operator, or a four-star general.
With his wife Tiffany’s love and the support of his family and friends, Scotty’s response became God’s transforming moment. The injury only intensified his indomitable spirit. Since the moment he jumped out of a hospital bed and forced his way through nurses and cords to take a simple shower, Captain Scotty Smiley has climbed Mount Rainier, won an ESPY as Best Outdoor Athlete, surfed, skydived, become a father, earned an MBA from Duke, taught leadership at West Point, commanded an army company, and won the MacArthur Leadership Award.
Scotty and Tiffany Smiley have lived out a faith so real that it will inspire you to question your own doubts, push you to serve something bigger than yourself, and encourage you to cling to a Hope Unseen.
- Author: Scotty Smiley
- Publication Date: 2010-09-14
- Publisher: Howard Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Howard Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 256 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 90W x 900H
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 620W x 100H
- Weight: 90
- List Price: $24.99
- ASIN: B004L2KMS8
- The Combat Trauma Healing Manual: Christ-centered Solutions for Combat Trauma
- Wounded Soldier, Healing Warrior: A Personal Story of a Vietnam Veteran Who Lost his Legs but Found His Soul
- The Upside of Down: Finding Hope When It Hurts
- The Land Between: Finding God in Difficult Transitions
- SEAL of God