Greetings From Afghanistan, Send More Ammo: Dispatches from Taliban Country
"Raw, direct, and powerful...This work is vitally important."
-Ken Stern, former CEO of National Public Radio
Captain Benjamin Tupper spent a year in Afghanistan in an Embedded Training Team, tasked with training, leading in combat, and mentoring the Afghan Army to victory against the brutal Taliban. Writing and recording from a remote outpost, Tupper's dispatches were posted on the blog The Sandbox and broadcast on NPR, bringing vivid snapshots of America's longest ongoing war to a wide audience back home.
Here, he takes us inside the intricacies of the war, opening up a unique and multifaceted view of both Afghan culture and the daily life of an American soldier. From the rush of gunfire to surreal, euphoric moments of cross-cultural understanding, this emotional and thought- provoking narrative is rich with humor, eloquence and contradiction. Deeply personal and darkly funny, Tupper illuminates the challenges of the war, vividly bringing to life both the mundane and the extraordinary and seeking a way forward.
- Author: Benjamin Tupper
- Publication Date: 2010-06-01
- Publisher: NAL Hardcover
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: NAL Hardcover
- Binding: Hardcover, 272 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 840L x 550W x 100H
- Weight: 95
- List Price: $24.95
- ASIN: B004HEXSNG
- Lions of Kandahar: The Story of a Fight Against All Odds
- Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan
- They Fought for Each Other: The Triumph and Tragedy of the Hardest Hit Unit in Iraq
- Into the Fire: A Firsthand Account of the Most Extraordinary Battle in the Afghan War
- Gentlemen Bastards: On the Ground in Afghanistan with America's Elite Special Forces