Tee Time in Berzerkistan: A Doonesbury Book (Doonesbury Collection)
No rogue regime ever needed its evildoing professionally reframed more urgently than Greater Berzerkistan, whose president-for-life Trff Bmzklfrpz (pronounced "Ptklm") needs to spin a recent round of ethnic cleansing. Fortunately, the pariah state (and its 50-hole golf course, built overnight by Kurds and Jews) borders Iran, a fact that K Street uberlobbyist Duke is retained to parlay into a major U.S. arms package.
Meanwhile, across town, the crumbling of the newspaper industry crushes Rick Redfern's hope of continuing employment. After 35 years at the Washington Post, he is ejected into the blogosphere, where his prose now battles it out with that of 1,186,783,465 rivals, including Roland Hedley, who takes the art of Twittering to a new self-reverential low.
Truly, everyone in Doonesburyland is struggling to adapt. While white Washington insiders scramble to acquire some African American friends, longtime black conservative Clyde schemes to score Obama's Blackberry number, Clinton-era Dems are forced to attend the president-elect's "No Drama School," and Jimmy Thudpucker once again reboots his career--this time as a cell phone ring-tone artist.
No one ever said change was pretty.
- Author: G. B. Trudeau
- Publication Date: 2009-10-20
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Binding: Paperback, 240 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1070L x 900W x 60H
- Weight: 170
- List Price: $16.99
- ISBN: 0740773577
- ASIN: B0041T4QLU
- Red Rascal's War: A Doonesbury Book (Doonesbury Books (Andrews & McMeel))
- Squared Away: A Doonesbury Book
- Talk to the Hand: A Doonesbury Book (Doonesbury Books (Andrews & McMeel))
- Signature Wound: Rocking TBI (Doonesbury Books (Andrews & McMeel))
- Doonesbury: The War Years: Peace Out, Dawg! and Got War?