French Letters: Engaged in War
A landing beach in France, exploding under fire and littered with wounded men. Grim surgeries performed in a captured pillbox, in an orchard, inside a Calvados distillery barn. A crumpled glider falling out of a hedgerow.
And Géraldine Dupré, a young French woman who was not pretty, not exactly, but pleasant enough to look at.
This is the war of Will Hastings, a green Army doctor, five thousand miles away from Virginia Sullivan, his former girlfriend who had not written in months, and from Tierra, the little town that seemed to have forgotten him. This was his war in Normandy in 1944.
"Engaged in War is a realistic and skillful portrayal of an army doctor in our armed forces, of success and failure under fire. I highly recommend this book."
-- Lieutenant General Paul W. Myers, Surgeon General of the United States Military (Retired).
"One of the finest accounts of trial drama I have ever read. Jack Woodville London demonstrates again that he is an accomplished author and historian. In the process, he proves himself to be a literary master of war, love, court drama, and life itself."
-- William Whitehurst, Past President, International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Military Writers Society of America's 2011-2012 Author of the Year!
- Author: Jack Woodville London
- Publication Date: 2010-08-29
- Publisher: Vire Press LLC
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: Vire Press LLC
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 328 pages
- ASIN: B0041D8X88
- French Letters Virginia's War
- Farewell Bergerac: A World War II Thriller (World War II Adventure Series)
- The Cyclist: A World War II Thriller (World War II Adventure Series)
- Francesca Pascal: A World War 2 Novel (World War II Adventure Series)
- Tulagi Hotel: A World War 2 Novel (World War II Adventure Series)