Wings of Fury: From Vietnam to the Gulf War the Astonishing True
They are America's best fighter pilots -- from the Navy, Air Force, and Marines. Heroes who push the envelope with their machines, their bodies, and the will to fight and win on their...
WINGS OF FURY
Here, these airborne warriors reveal themselves as never before. Ride shotgun with TOPGUN pilot Dale "Snort" Snodgrass as he becomes the first student pilot ever to land an F-14 Tomcat on an aircraft carrier. Silver Star winner Rob Graeter recalls a Cold War close call as he flew his F-15 Eagle over Soviet waters -- almost triggering World War III. Feel the adrenaline as Brian "Rocky" Fitzpatrick remembers test-flying the F/A-18 Hornet when it suddenly went haywire, leaving him with a crippled plane, a faulty parachute -- and a very long way down....
From the training grounds of Miramar to combat in Vietnam and Desert Storm, these are the stories of those who defend our skies -- and the dramatic evolution of modern air warfare.
- Author: Robert K. Wilcox
- Publication Date: 2010-05-08
- Publisher: Pocket Books
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: Pocket Books
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 336 pages
- ASIN: B003L786L4
- Scream of Eagles: The Dramatic Account of the U.S. Navy's Top Gun Fighter Pilots and How They Took Back the Skies Over Vietnam
- ROGER BALL!:THE ODYSSEY OF JOHN MONROE "HAWK" SMITH NAVY FIGHTER PILOT
- Firefly: A Skyraider's Story About America's Secret War Over Laos
- Flying Black Ponies: The Navy's Close Air Support Squadron in Vietnam
- Flying Low