How to Become Smarter
*** Updated in November 2015 ***
A shorter, less technical version of this book, "Become Smarter," is available:
The book describes methods for improvement of mental abilities. Some of the things it can help you to achieve include the following:
- Depending on circumstances, use different lifestyles that improve one or another mental function.
- Experience euphoria without drugs and come up with new ideas, when needed.
- Slow down and prevent yourself from making rash, impulsive decisions, when necessary.
- Sharpen your wit, become more talkative, and entertain people.
- When necessary, lower your mood and increase emotional tension, which can reduce procrastination.
- Increase your score on intelligence or general aptitude tests.
- Concentrate on reading and writing for many hours daily.
- Increase your grade point average if you are a student or improve your job productivity if you are a knowledge worker.
Most authors in this field will tell you that you should read more books, solve mental puzzles, buy their nutritional supplements, sleep well, and exercise in order to get smarter. In contrast, this book is proposing moderately cold hydrotherapy and a smart diet (which involves avoiding all dietary supplements). To give another example, most books on anger management say that you should try to change your thinking in order to overcome anger, while this book suggests hot hydrotherapy and the exclusion of certain foods from your diet. The main focus of discussion in this text is on changing the biological workings of the brain, not on pop psychology. In particular, the book describes various combinations of diets and hydrotherapy that have the following effects: sedative/sleep-promoting, stimulant/wakefulness-promoting, attention-enhancing, antianxiety, antidepressant, mood-stabilizing (mood-lowering), and euphoriant. In addition, the book presents existing scientific evidence of pain-reducing, fever-reducing, antifatigue, immunostimulatory, antinausea, antihypertensive, and anti-inflammatory effects of hydrotherapy. The text also discusses the possible side effects of the diets and hydrotherapy.
Despite its technical content, the book is written in an accessible language and has an informative summary for each chapter and a list of key points at the end of each section. Most of the claims in the bulleted list above are supported with a theory and the author's personal experience (a healthy subject). About a half of these claims is directly supported by previously published scientific studies, including the claim about intelligence tests.
- Author: Charles Spender
- Publication Date: 2010-01-02
- Publisher: KDP
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: KDP
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 414 pages
- ASIN: B0032JT11K
- How to Analyze People: Analyze & Read People with Human Psychology, Body Language, and the 6 Human Needs (How to Analyze People 101)
- 10 Books in 1 (Short Reads): Improve Memory, Speed Read, Note Taking, Essay Writing, How to Study, Think Like a Genius, Type Fast, Focus: Concentrate, ... (The Learning Development Book Series)
- Brain Training And Brain Games for Memory Improvement: Concentration and Memory Improvement Strategies with Mind Mapping (New for 2015)
- Confidence Training: Become An "Alpha Male" by Mastering Your: Confidence, Self Esteem, & Charisma (Social anxiety, Confidence building, Confident, Self esteem for men, Attract women, Confidence men)
- Faith Bible Verses: 99 Bible Verses On Faith (Bible Verses, Faith Bible Study, Faith Bible, Faith Verses, Bible Quotes, Scripture Quotes, Bible Study)