The Generals' War: The Inside Story of the Conflict in the Gulf
In a unique combination of journalism and military expertise, Gordon, the chief defense correspondent for The New York Times, and retired three-star general Bernard Trainor provide a definitive, behind-the-scenes account and analysis of the planning and execution of the Persian Gulf War. Photos & maps.
- Waging Modern War: Bosnia, Kosovo, and the Future of Combat
- Makers of Modern Strategy from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age
- The American Way of War: A History of United States Military Strategy and Policy
- On Strategy: A Critical Analysis of the Vietnam War
- Bombing to Win: Air Power and Coercion in War (Cornell Studies in Security Affairs)