The Master of Disguise: My Secret Life in the CIA
From the author of Argo comes an unforgettable behind-the-scenes story of espionage in action. In the first ever memoir by a top-level operative to be authorized by the CIA, Antonio J. Mendez reveals the cunning tricks and insights that helped save hundreds from deadly situations.
Adept at creating new identities for anyone, anywhere, Mendez was involved in operations all over the world, from "Wild West" adventures in East Asia to Cold War intrigue in Moscow. In 1980, he orchestrated the escape of six Americans from a hostage situation in revolutionary Tehran, Iran. This extraordinary operation inspired the movie Argo, directed by and starring Ben Affleck.
The Master of Disguise gives us a privileged look at what really happens at the highest levels of international espionage: in the field, undercover, and behind closed doors.
- Author: Antonio J. Mendez
- Publication Date: 2009-10-13
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
- Product Group: eBooks
- Manufacturer: William Morrow Paperbacks
- Binding: Kindle Edition, 376 pages
- ASIN: B000OVLJTQ
- Argo: How the CIA and Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History
- Spy Dust: Two Masters of Disguise Reveal the Tools and Operations that Helped Win the Cold War
- A Classic Case of Deception
- The Main Enemy: The Inside Story of the CIA's Final Showdown with the KGB
- First In: How Seven CIA Officers Opened the War on Terror in Afghanistan