Dead Men Flying: Victory in Viet Nam The Legend of Dust off: America's Battlefield Angels
Viet Nam may be the only war we ever fought, or perhaps that was ever fought, in which the heroism of the American soldier was accompanied by humanitarianism unmatched in the annals of warfare. And the humanitarianism took place during the heat of the battle. The GI fixed as he fought, he cured and educated and built in the middle of the battle. He truly cared for, and about, those people. What other Army has ever done that? Humanitarianism was America's great victory in Viet Nam.
Spearheading the humanitarian efforts were the air ambulance operations, call-sign Dust Off, the most dangerous of all aviation operations, which rescued some one million souls in Viet Nam. Dead Men Flying is the story of Charles Kelly, the father of Dust Off, who gave his life to save Dust Off -- the greatest life-saver ever. His dying words -- "When I have your wounded" -- set the standard for combat medicine to this day.
It is also the story of the author, Medal of Honor recipient General Patrick Brady, who learned from Charles Kelly and struggled to meet his standard. Brady led the 54th Medical Detachment as it rescued over 21,000 wounded -- enemy and friendly -- in 10 months, while sustaining 26 Purple Hearts. Finally, Dead Men Flying is the story of salvation in the midst of horror, courage in the face of adversity, and the miracle of faith in the heat of combat. A riveting tale from America's most decorated living soldier, this is a book that no American can afford to ignore.
- Publication Date: 2012-10-18
- Publisher: WND Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: WND Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 307 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 118L x 551W x 819H
- Weight: 110
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 830L x 580W x 130H
- Weight: 55
- List Price: $25.95
- ISBN: 1936488353
- ASIN: 1936488353
- DMZ DUSTOFF Vietnam: True Stories Of Unarmed Medevac Missions As Told By The Men Who Flew Them - Black and White Photos (Volume 1)
- BRIGHT LIGHT: Untold Stories of the Top Secret War in Vietnam
- The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam (General Military)
- Blackhorse Riders: A Desperate Last Stand, an Extraordinary Rescue Mission, and the Vietnam Battle America Forgot
- Xin Loi, Viet Nam: Thirty-one Months of War: A Soldier's Memoir