Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are typified by an enemy who strikes from the shadows; sniper fire, RPG's, and suicide bombers are his modus operandi. But above all others, this enemy's favorite weapon is the improvised explosive device (IED). Ranging from the simplest of construction to the most sophisticated of all gadgetry, the IED represents a grave threat to American soldiers all over the world. In this kind of fight, there is only one kind of soldier uniquely qualified to deal with these destructive weapons of war: the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technician. With over 8 years of experience in EOD, Staff Sergeant John Breuer knows a thing or two about danger. As an EOD team leader, he's encountered more than his fair share of IEDs. But when he's betrayed by the Iraqi Army and sold to insurgents, this bomb technician must confront a different kind of horror: being listed as Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown (DUSTWUN). Tortured and exploited for propaganda purposes, Jack must use his skills as a soldier and as a bomb technician to escape his captors, before they have a chance to remove his head from his body. An action-packed adventure, DUTY STATUS WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN, is a thoughtful tale of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and the soldiers who fight there, with a focus on realism and technical details that only experience can convey. Devoid of politics, this novel tells an unblemished story of America's fight in the Global War on Terror (GWOT), and of Her soldiers' day-to-day struggle.
- Author: Jonathon Cody
- Publication Date: 2009-12-01
- Publisher: Mill City Press, Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Mill City Press, Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 328 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 67L x 839W x 543H
- Weight: 84
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 850L x 551W x 67H
- Weight: 80
- List Price: $9.95
- ISBN: 1936107104
- ASIN: 1936107104
- Red One: A Bomb Disposal Expert on the Front Line
- Bomb Hunters: In Afghanistan with Britain's Elite Bomb Disposal Unit
- Proximity: A Novel of the Navy's Elite Bomb Squad
- Eight Lives Down: The Most Dangerous Job in the World in the Most Dangerous Place in the World
- The Big Picture - Explosive Ordnance Disposal (E.O.D.)