Confessions of a Military Wife
""I remember when I hit rock bottom. There I was with no make-up on, hadn't showered, eating raw cookie dough out of the tube, hitting on the toothless bagger at the commissary, and ordering jewelry off the TV. And that was just my first day!"
Confessions of a Military Wife is an honest, witty, and often hilarious look at the life of the new generation military wife. Mollie Gross learned the hard way to laugh instead of cry at what she could not control as a military spouse-and as she quickly discovered, nearly everything was out of her control!
A standup comedienne, public speaker, and wife of a Marine Corps officer, Mollie explores everything about the "issued" spouse, from deployment and the stress of having a husband in a combat zone, to the realization that marriage changes when your husband returns home from war. Nothing is taboo or out-of-bounds in Confessions, including the "parties" military wives throw for themselves before hubby returns. (You'll have to read the book to find out about those!)
More than one million American servicemen have deployed to war over the last few years, which means the lives and lifestyles of military wives are now front and center in the public's curiosity. How do they live? What is their day-to-day life like? How do they interact? How do they deal with weeks and months of separation? The answers will surprise (and in some cases, shock) you. Confessions teaches all women, whether civilian or military, that they can learn to find the funny side of anything by embracing the situation and changing their perspective. And now they can do so with humor and levity, and a little wisdom.
Evocative and provocative, Confessions of a Military Wife is a can't-put-down book that will leave you laughing and crying at the same time.
About the Author: Mollie Gross is a former Marine Spouse, author, standup comedienne, and public speaker. She uses comedy and quick wit to encourage and inspire other military wives through the challenges of the military lifestyle. She lives with her husband Jon in Los Angeles."
- Author: Mollie Gross
- Publication Date: 2009-10
- Publisher: Savas Beatie
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Savas Beatie
- Binding: Hardcover, 288 pages
- Brand: Brand: Savas Beatie
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 610W x 90H
- Weight: 110
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 610W x 100H
- Weight: 90
- List Price: $25.00
- ISBN: 1932714766
- ASIN: 1932714766
- Married to the Military: A Survival Guide for Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Women in Uniform
- Separated By Duty, United In Love (revised): Guide to Long Distance Relationships for Military Couples (Updated)
- Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives
- Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul: Stories to Touch the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- The 5 Love Languages Military Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts