Made in America, Sold in the Nam (Second Edition) (Reflections of History)
Hope and Healing For All Who Have Been Touched by War
Made in America, Sold in the Nam brings together the writings of more than two dozen Vietnam-era veterans who have never before had the chance to speak their peace. Through diaries, essays, and poems, each contributor brings a unique first-person perspective that will be appreciated by veterans, their families, and historians. Taken together, this book represents the conscience of a nation: patriotic, duty-bound, and mired in a swamp of confusion and pain.
New Second Edition includes material by the spouses, adult children, and other survivors of the war. Made in America, Sold in the Nam is Book #2 in the Reflections of History Series from Modern History Press.
- For Viet Nam Vets: an opportunity to verify their experiences against experiences of others leading to validation and perhaps even an airing of their suspicions and fears about themselves. No matter how long it has been, healing is possible.
- For Families of the KIA: peace and understanding about the experiences of their loved one and if they have letters from their loved ones, perhaps a way to fill in what could never be spoken.
- For Adult Children and Spouses of Vets: empathy for their war experience, in spite of whether or not there has been communication about how it really went down.
- For Vets of Recent Conflicts: a shortcut to understanding the overall experience of war and how one copes with its indelible marks. Discover the commonality of those who have endured their time as warriors.
- For Society and Generations to come:
. Learn what really happens during a modern military conflict.
. A plea for wisdom in how we deal with other peoples on Earth.
. A chance to break the cycle of doing the same things and hoping for magically different outcomes.
"That there is conflict and confusion over how we are to view the Viet Nam War and how we are to feel about those who sacrificed for this effort, makes this book all the more important. These pieces give the average person insight into what really happened to those that served and what they thought that they were trying to accomplish. There is some personal truth, buried emotion, and a few heroes in their own right." -Tami Brady, TCM Reviews
Modern History Press is an imprint of Loving Healing Press (www.LovingHealing.com)
- Publication Date: 2006-09-21
- Publisher: Modern History Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Modern History Press
- Binding: Hardcover, 288 pages
- Brand: Brand: Modern History Press
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1030L x 737W x 108H
- Weight: 158
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1020L x 730W x 90H
- Weight: 150
- List Price: $27.95
- ISBN: 1932690247
- ASIN: 1932690247