Project Lessons from The Great Escape (Stalag Luft III)
While you might think your project plan is perfect, would you bet your life on it? In World War II, a group of 220 captured airmen did just that -- they staked the lives of everyone in the camp on the success of a proejct to secretly build a series of tunnels out of a prison camp their captors thought was escape proof. The prisoners formally structured their work as a project, using the proejct organization techniques of the day. This book analyzes their efforts using modern project management methods and the nine knowledge areas of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK Guide). Learn from the successes and mistakes of a project where people really put their lives on the line.
A portion of the sale of each copy of this book goes to The Great Escape Memorial Project.
- Author: Mark Kozak-Holland
- Publication Date: 2007-07-01
- Publisher: Multi-Media Publications Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Multi-Media Publications Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 276 pages
- Brand: Brand: Multi-Media Publications Inc.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 850L x 550W x 62H
- Weight: 0.78
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 840L x 550W x 70H
- Weight: 70
- List Price: $29.95
- ISBN: 1895186803
- ASIN: 1895186803