American Secret Projects: Fighters & Interceptors 1945-1978
Throughout aviation history there have been many aircraft designs that have failed to progress beyond the drawing board for a variety of reasons. The aircraft that have taken to the skies represent only a small percentage of those that were planned.
This latest title in the highly successful Secret Projects series is also the first to deal with United States aircraft. Compiled by Tony Buttler, who has been researching the subject for many years, this book examines the great variety of U.S. fighter designs between the end of World War II and the period immediately after the USA s withdrawal from Vietnam.
The book covers the immediate postwar designs of subsonic aircraft for both the USAF and USN, U.S. supersonic designs, the U.S. Vertical Take Off and Landing program, and the competitions that ultimately led to the development of iconic aircraft such as the
- Author: Tony Butler
- Publication Date: 2008-04-15
- Publisher: Midland Publishing Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Midland Publishing Ltd.
- Binding: Hardcover, 240 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 79L x 866W x 1150H
- Weight: 269
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1118L x 827W x 87H
- Weight: 238
- List Price: $39.95
- ISBN: 1857802640
- ASIN: 1857802640
- Project Terminated: Famous Military Aircraft Cancellations of the Cold War and What Might Have Been
- American Secret Projects: Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945 to 1974
- Convair Advanced Designs: Secret Projects from San Diego, 1923-1962
- Secret Aerospace Projects of the U.S. Navy: The Incredible Attack Aircraft of the USS United States, 1948-1949
- Secret U.S. Proposals of the Cold War