Always Faithful: US Marines in World War II Combat (General Military)
A picture is worth a thousand words. In his latest book, Marine Corps historian and author of over 40 books, Eric Hammel, has assembled one hundred combat photos from the Pacific Theater of Operations of the Second World War. Together these tell the story of the Marines’ costly victory over the Japanese.
Over the years, historians, novelists, film makers and artists, have attempted to capture what it was like to fight in the Pacific. In Always Faithful, readers are invited to take in the combat slowly, as it unfolds, image by image.
Arranged by theme—from dramatic images of beach assaults to heartbreaking photographs of the injured and killed-in-action—Always Faithful seeks to depict the essence of the War in the Pacific and the core of what it means to be a Marine.
- Author: Eric Hammel
- Publication Date: 2011-10-18
- Publisher: Osprey Publishing
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Osprey Publishing
- Binding: Hardcover, 208 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1247L x 1110W x 104H
- Weight: 408
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1250L x 1090W x 110H
- Weight: 340
- List Price: $40.00
- ISBN: 1849085382
- ASIN: 1849085382
- Islands of Hell: The U.S. Marines in the Western Pacific, 1944-1945
- Guadalcanal: The U.S. Marines in World War II: A Pictorial Tribute
- Pacific Warriors: The U.S. Marines in World War II: A Pictorial Tribute
- U.S. Marines in WWII: Tarawa and the Marshalls
- Iwo Jima: Portrait of a Battle: United States Marines at War in the Pacific