US Navy F-4 Phantom II MiG Killers 1972-73, Part 2 (Osprey Combat Aircraft, No. 30)
The second of two books on the Navy's Phantom II MiG killers of the Vietnam War (1955-1975), this book covers the numerous actions fought out over North Vietnam during the Linebacker I and II operations of 1972-73. No fewer than 17 MiGs were downed during this period, five of them by the Navy's sole aces of the conflict, Lts Randy Cunningham and Willie Driscoll of VF-96. Drawing on primary sources such as surviving Phantom II aircrew and official navy documentation, the author has assembled the most precise appraisal of fighter operations involving US Navy Phantom II units and those elusive MiGs ever seen in print.
- Author: Brad Elward
- Publication Date: 2002-08-19
- Publisher: Osprey Publishing Ltd.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Osprey Publishing Ltd.
- Binding: Paperback, 96 pages
- Brand: Brand: Osprey Publishing Ltd.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 725L x 25W x 975H
- Weight: 67
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 961L x 717W x 39H
- Weight: 71
- List Price: $22.95
- ISBN: 1841762644
- ASIN: 1841762644
- US Navy F-4 Phantom II MiG Killers (1) 1965-1970 (Osprey Combat Aircraft 26)
- USAF F-4 Phantom II MiG Killers 1972-73 (Combat Aircraft)
- USAF F-4 Phantom II MiG Killers 1965-68 (Combat Aircraft)
- F-8 Crusader Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 7)
- US Navy and Marine Corps A-4 Skyhawk Units of the Vietnam War 1963-1973 (Combat Aircraft)