The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an extremely debilitating anxiety condition that can occur after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal. Although many know that this mental health issue affects veterans of war, many may not know that it also affects victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, natural disasters, crime, car accidents and accidents in the workplace. No matter the cause of their illness, people with PTSD will often relive their traumatic experience in the form of flashbacks, memories, nightmares, and frightening thoughts. This is especially true when they are exposed to events or objects that remind them of their trauma. Left untreated, PTSD can lead to emotional numbness, insomnia, addiction, anxiety, depression, and even suicide.
In The PTSD Workbook, Second Edition, psychologists and trauma experts Mary Beth Williams and Soili Poijula outline techniques and interventions used by PTSD experts from around the world to offer trauma survivors the most effective tools available to conquer their most distressing trauma-related symptoms, whether they are a veteran, a rape survivor, or a crime victim. Based in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), the book is extremely accessible and easy-to-use, offering evidence-based therapy at a low cost. This new edition features chapters focusing on veterans with PTSD, the link between cortisol and adrenaline and its role in PTSD and overall mental health, and the mind-body component of PTSD.
This book is designed to arm PTSD survivors with the emotional resilience they need to get their lives back together after a traumatic event.
- Publication Date: 2013-04-01
- Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: New Harbinger Publications
- Binding: Paperback, 368 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 799L x 91W x 1004H
- Weight: 155
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 976L x 795W x 94H
- Weight: 155
- List Price: $24.95
- ISBN: 1608827038
- ASIN: 1608827038
- Overcoming Trauma and PTSD: A Workbook Integrating Skills from ACT, DBT, and CBT
- Mind-Body Workbook for PTSD: A 10-Week Program for Healing After Trauma
- The Self-Esteem Workbook
- The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook: A Guide to Healing, Recovery, and Growth
- The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation & ... Tolerance (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)