Claim Denied!: How to Appeal a VA Denial of Benefits
“The VA is not your loving Uncle Sam who opens his wallet and says, ‘Here you are, nephew—a $1,000 check per month for the rest of your life. That should take the pain out of your service injuries,’ ” writes John D. Roche. Far from it, he reveals. Though the Veterans Claims Assistance Act of 2000 requires Veterans Affairs to assist veterans in developing the foundation to support their claims, in reality if you rely on the VA to find and develop the evidence necessary to grant benefits then your claim is likely to be denied.
Claim Denied! will help those veterans whose benefits have been denied correct the mistakes they made when they submitted their original claims. Appealing a VA decision is not an impossible feat, Roche says, but a veteran’s story must be presented in a well-organized and logical format, so any reviewing authority is able to understand the issues as they relate to the laws. This book explains in detail how to develop and present a successful appeal.
- Author: John D. Roche
- Publication Date: 2008-12
- Publisher: Potomac Books Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Potomac Books Inc.
- Binding: Paperback, 210 pages
- Brand: Brand: Potomac Books Inc.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 800L x 510W x 60H
- Weight: 51
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 810L x 510W x 30H
- Weight: 50
- List Price: $16.95
- ISBN: 1597971162
- ASIN: 1597971162
- The Veteran's Survival Guide: How to File and Collect on VA Claims, Second Edition
- Veterans's PTSD Handbook: How to File and Collect on Claims for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Veterans Benefits For Dummies
- A Guide To Obtaining Veterans Administration Compensation Benefits
- VA Disability Claim: A Practical, Step-By-Step Field Manual for Active-Duty Servicemembers and Veterans on How to Prepare, File, Maintain, Win and ... VA Disability Claim Without Going Insane