Bomb: The Race to Build--and Steal--the World's Most Dangerous Weapon (Newbery Honor Book)
In December of 1938, a chemist in a German laboratory made a shocking discovery: When placed next to radioactive material, a Uranium atom split in two. That simple discovery launched a scientific race that spanned 3 continents. In Great Britain and the United States, Soviet spies worked their way into the scientific community; in Norway, a commando force slipped behind enemy lines to attack German heavy-water manufacturing; and deep in the desert, one brilliant group of scientists was hidden away at a remote site at Los Alamos. This is the story of the plotting, the risk-taking, the deceit, and genius that created the world's most formidable weapon. This is the story of the atomic bomb.
Bomb is a 2012 National Book Awards finalist for Young People's Literature.
Bomb is a 2012 Washington Post Best Kids Books of the Year title.
Bomb is a 2013 Newbery Honor book.
- Author: Steve Sheinkin
- Publication Date: 2012-09-04
- Publisher: Flash Point
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Flash Point
- Binding: Hardcover, 272 pages
- Brand: Flash Point
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 764L x 93W x 954H
- Weight: 156
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 780W x 100H
- Weight: 155
- List Price: $19.99
- ISBN: 1596434872
- ASIN: 1596434872
- The Notorious Benedict Arnold: A True Story of Adventure, Heroism & Treachery
- Flesh and Blood So Cheap: The Triangle Fire and Its Legacy
- Lincoln's Grave Robbers
- The Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights
- The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi