The Battle of Kings Mountain:: Eyewitness Accounts (American Heritage)
On October 7, 1780, American Patriot and Loyalist soldiers battled each other at Kings Mountain, near the border of North and South Carolina. With over one hundred eyewitness accounts, this collection of participant statements from men of both sides includes letters and statements in their original form--the soldiers' own words--unedited and unabridged.
Rife with previously unpublished details of this historic turning point in the American Revolution, these accounts expose the dramatic happenings of the battle, including new perspectives on the debate over Patriot Colonel William Campbell's bravery during the fight. Robert M. Dunkerley's work is an invaluable resource to historians studying the flow of combat, genealogists tracing their ancestors and anyone interested in Kings Mountain and the Southern Campaign.
- Author: Robert M. Dunkerly
- Publication Date: 2007-03-20
- Publisher: The History Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: The History Press
- Binding: Paperback, 160 pages
- Brand: Dunkerly, Robert M.
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 31W x 900H
- Weight: 60
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 610W x 70H
- Weight: 75
- List Price: $19.99
- ISBN: 1596292369
- ASIN: 1596292369
- Kings Mountain and Cowpens:: Our Victory Was Complete (Military)
- The Revolutionary War in the Southern Backcountry
- The King's Mountain Men: The Story of the Battle, with Sketches of the American Soldiers Who Took Part
- The Road to Guilford Courthouse: The American Revolution in the Carolinas
- King's Mountain: A Ballad Novel (Ballad Novels)