My Son Is a Marine
After enduring grueling weeks of boot camp, 18-year-old Marine Lance Corporal Aaron J. Allen threw his Class A cap into the air at graduation. He was ready to be deployed to the fiercest battle zone in Iraq, where terrorism has replaced conventional warfare and there is no clearly defined enemy.
Confronted by these conditions and the horrifying nightly news reports of fatalities, what can a mother do to protect her son from thousands of miles away? Jo Anne Allen chose to sustain herself and keep A.J. strong and safe using communication. In this timely book, she reminisces about A.J.'s childhood and the precious memories that are forever embedded in her heart. She uses her words to recreate the wonder of those times and replace the hugs and kisses of the past with stories full of love and faith.
Young Marines fighting for their lives alongside her son also find solace in Jo Anne's spiritual beliefs, nurturing hearts, and incredible peanut butter cookies.
- Author: Jo Anne Allen
- Publication Date: 2005-04
- Publisher: Echelon Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Echelon Press
- Binding: Paperback, 208 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 500L x 47W x 799H
- Weight: 51
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 780L x 480W x 50H
- Weight: 35
- List Price: $10.99
- ISBN: 1590804473
- ASIN: 1590804473
- Love You More Than You Know: Mothers' Stories About Sending Their Sons and Daughters to War
- Stay Strong Stay Safe, My Son
- Keeping Faith: A Father-Son Story About Love and the United States Marine Corps
- Into the Crucible
- Mom's Field Guide: What You Need to Know to Make It Through Your Loved One's Military Deployment