Medal of Honor: Third Edition
On October 25, 2010, Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta became the first living person since the Vietnam War to receive the United States’ highest military decoration, and both he and Sergeant Leroy Petry (the second inductee) rightly take their place in the pages of this third edition of Medal of Honor: Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty. The book includes 144 contemporary portraits of recipients by award-winning photographer Nick Del Calzo and profiles by National Book Award nominee Peter Collier. First published on Veterans Day 2003, this New York Times bestseller has now been updated and augmented to include new essays plus:
• Letters from all living presidents • A foreword by Brian Williams • Profiles of Sergeant Giunta and Sergeant PetryThere are also essays by Tom Brokaw, Senator John McCain, and Victor Davis Hanson, and a multimedia DVD with historic footage and recipients’ first-person reflections. The Medal of Honor recipients in the book fought in conflicts from World War II to Afghanistan, serving in every branch of the armed services.
- Author: Peter Collier
- Publication Date: 2011-11-11
- Publisher: Artisan
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Artisan
- Binding: Hardcover, 336 pages
- Brand: Artisan
- This book may have a small Remainder Mark.
- Height: 29.000 inches. Width: 26.250 inches. Weight: 4.69 pounds. Gridsize: NULL. Timespan: NULL.
- Manufactured by: Artisan.
- Medal of Honor (Third Edition) Book
- Perfect for any home.
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1038L x 188W x 1144H
- Weight: 472
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 1140L x 1020W x 130H
- Weight: 470
- List Price: $45.00
- ISBN: 1579654622
- ASIN: 1579654622