The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook broke new ground when it was first published in 1980, detailing easy, step-by-step techniques for calming the body and mind in an increasingly overstimulated world. Now in its sixth edition, this workbook, highly regarded by therapists and their clients, remains the go-to source for stress reduction strategies that can be incorporated into even the busiest lives.
This new edition is updated with powerful relaxation techniques based on the latest research, and draws from a variety of proven treatment methods, including progressive relaxation, autogenics, self-hypnosis, visualization, and mindfulness and acceptance therapy.
In the first chapter, you'll explore your own stress triggers and symptoms, and learn how to create a personal plan for stress reduction. Each chapter features a different method for relaxation and stress reduction, explains why the method works, and provides on-the-spot exercises you can do to apply that method when you feel stressed. The result is a comprehensive yet accessible workbook that will help you to curb stress and cultivate a more peaceful life.
This book has been awarded The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit — an award bestowed on outstanding self-help books that are consistent with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) principles and that incorporate scientifically tested strategies for overcoming mental health difficulties. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, our books offer powerful tools readers can use to jump-start changes in their lives.
A Reading Well Books on Prescription title.
- Publication Date: 2008-05-03
- Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: New Harbinger Publications
- Binding: Paperback, 392 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 990L x 800W x 90H
- Weight: 171
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 980L x 790W x 100H
- Weight: 175
- List Price: $24.95
- ISBN: 1572245492
- ASIN: 1572245492
- The Self-Esteem Workbook
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook
- Social Work Practicum: A Guide and Workbook for Students Plus MySearchLab with eText -- Access Card Package (6th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
- Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Essential Research Methods for Social Work
- Direct Social Work Practice: Theory and Skills, 9th Edition (Brooks / Cole Empowerment Series)