Zarbul Masalha: 151 Afghan Dari Proverbs
The award-winning and world's most popular bilingual book of Afghan Proverbs. Collected, translated, and first published in Afghanistan by Dari speaker and U.S. Navy Captain Edward Zellem. Available at leading booksellers in over 35 countries. In English and Dari (Afghan Farsi) with transliteratons. Winner of 2013 Gold Medal from the Military Writers Society of America.
Zarbul Masalha ("Proverbs" in Dari) is the only book of its kind in the world. Pronounced "zar-bull mah-sal-HAA," it is the authoritative work that presents and explains 151 of Afghanistan's most commonly used Proverbs. Beautifully illustrated with 50 original artworks by Afghan high school students in Kabul.
By popular demand the companion volume, Edward Zellem's Afghan Proverbs Illustrated, has been translated and published bilingually with Dari in seven additional languages. More language translations and a new book of Afghan Pashto Proverbs (Mataluna) are coming soon. Visit afghansayings.com for more information and regular updates.
Net proceeds from Zarbul Masalha benefit Afghan-led literacy programs in Afghanistan for a new generation of free Afghans.
- Author: Edward Zellem
- Publication Date: 2012-05-01
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Binding: Paperback, 178 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 39L x 591W x 890H
- Weight: 59
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 598W x 71H
- Weight: 66
- List Price: $14.95
- ISBN: 1475093926
- ASIN: 1475093926
- Dari As A Second Langauge: Your First Dari Words, Conversation, Reading and Writing, Grammar, and Vocabulary
- Intermediate Dari: An Advanced Introduction (Persian Edition)
- Dari / Pashto Phrasebook for Military Personnel
- Dari: Dari-English, English Dari Dictionary and Phrasebook (New Dictionary & Phrasebooks)
- Afghanistan: A Cultural and Political History (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)