Zarbul Masalha: 151 Afghan Dari Proverbs
The award-winning and world's most popular bilingual book of Afghan Proverbs. Collected, translated, and first published in Afghanistan by Dari speaker and U.S. Navy Captain Edward Zellem. Available at leading booksellers in over 100 countries. In English and Dari (Afghan Farsi) with transliterations. Winner of a 2013 Gold Medal from the Military Writers Society of America, and a winner in the Nonfiction-Cultural category at the 2014 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards.
Zarbul Masalha ("Proverbs" in Dari) is the only book of its kind in the world. Pronounced "zar-bull mah-sal-HAA," it is the authoritative work that presents and explains 151 of Afghanistan's most commonly used Proverbs. Beautifully illustrated with 50 original artworks by Afghan high school students in Kabul.
By popular demand the companion volume for children and new readers, Edward Zellem's Afghan Proverbs Illustrated, has been translated and published bilingually in English-Dari and 12 additional languages. For Pashto speakers, Mataluna: 151 Afghan Pashto Proverbs is features 151 Pashtun proverbs in English and Pashto, along with 50 new illustrations by Afghan students.
Be the first person you know who can quote an Afghan Proverb to be inspired or make your point! Visit afghansayings.com for more information and regular updates.
- Author: Edward Zellem
- Publication Date: 2012-05-01
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Binding: Paperback, 178 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 45W x 900H
- Weight: 59
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 900L x 600W x 45H
- Weight: 72
- List Price: $15.95
- ISBN: 1475093926
- ASIN: 1475093926
- Dari As A Second Langauge: Your First Dari Words, Conversation, Reading and Writing, Grammar, and Vocabulary
- Mataluna: 151 Afghan Pashto Proverbs
- Intermediate Dari: An Advanced Introduction (Persian Edition)
- Afghan Proverbs Illustrated
- Afghanistan: A Cultural and Political History (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)