The Frugal Book Promoter: Second Edition: How to get nearly free publicity on your own or by partnering with your publisher. (Howtodoitfrugally)
The second edition of The Frugal Book Promoter is an updated version of the multi award-winning first edition. It has been expanded to include simple ways to promote books using newer technology--always considering promotion and marketing techniques that are easy on the pocketbook and frugal of time. It also includes a multitude of ways for authors and publishers to promote the so-called hard-to-promote genres. The award-winning author of poetry and fiction draws on a lifetime of experience in journalism, public relations, retailing, marketing, and the marketing of her own books to give authors the basics they need for do-it-yourself promotion and fun, effective approaches that haven't been stirred and warmed over, techniques that will help rocket their books to bestselling lists. You'll also learn to write media releases, query letters and a knock 'em dead media kit--all tools that help an author find a publisher and sell their book once it's in print.
We all know that book promotion (and life!) has changed since The Frugal Book Promoter was first published in 2004--particularly in ways that have to do with the Web, but in other ways, too. As an example, the publishing world in general is more open to indie publishing now than it was then. So, this update but includes lots of information on ways to promote that were not around or were in their infancy a few short years ago. So here is what is new:
There is new information in this expanded and updated edition that answers questions like these:
· What is Carolyn's simplified method for making social networks actually work--without spending too much time away from my writing?
· How can I avoid falling into some of the scam-traps for authors?
· How can I get into one of those big tradeshows like BEA?
· What are the best "old-fashioned" ways to promote--the ones I shouldn't give up on entirely?
· There is even an updated section on how you go about writing (and publishing) an award-worthy book. And, of course, you'll find it loaded with resources you can use--but they're all updated.
· How can I use the new QR codes to promote my book to mobile users? And to others?
· What are the pitfalls of using the Web and how can I avoid them?
· What are the backdoor methods of getting reviews--even long after my book has been published?
- Author: Carolyn Howard-Johnson
- Publication Date: 2011-08-25
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Binding: Paperback, 416 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 94W x 900H
- Weight: 123
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 598W x 102H
- Weight: 119
- List Price: $17.95
- ISBN: 1463743297
- ASIN: 1463743297
- Sell Your Book Like Wildfire: The Writer's Guide to Marketing and Publicity
- Promote Your Book: Over 250 Proven, Low-Cost Tips and Techniques for the Enterprising Author
- Sell More Books!: Book Marketing and Publishing for Low Profile and Debut Authors Rethinking Book Publicity after the Digital Revolutions
- How To Market A Book
- Guerrilla Marketing for Writers: 100 No-Cost, Low-Cost Weapons for Selling Your Work (Guerilla Marketing Press)