Raymond Collishaw and the Black Flight
The first comprehensive biography of Canada’s third-highest- scoring ace in the First World War.
Ever wondered what it would be like to fly a biplane or triplane in the First World War? Raymond Collishaw and the Black Flight takes you to the Western Front during the Great War. Experience the risks of combat and the many close calls Collishaw had as a pilot, flight commander, and squadron leader. Understand the courage Collishaw and his fellow flyers faced every day they took to the air in their small, light, and very manoeuvrable craft to face the enemy.
As the third-highest-scoring flying ace among British and colonial pilots in the First World War, scoring 60 victories, Collishaw was only surpassed by Billy Bishop and Edward Mannock. This book traces Collishaw’s life from humble beginnings in Nanaimo, British Columbia, to victories in the skies over France.
- Author: Roger Gunn
- Publication Date: 2013-02-19
- Publisher: Dundurn
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Dundurn
- Binding: Paperback, 272 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 600L x 65W x 900H
- Weight: 96
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 590W x 70H
- Weight: 105
- List Price: $26.99
- ISBN: 1459706609
- ASIN: 1459706609
- Iron Man: Rudolf Berthold: Germany's Indomitable Fighter Ace of World War I
- Ace of the Black Cross: The Memoirs of Ernst Udet
- Hero of the Angry Sky: The World War I Diary and Letters of David S.Ingalls, America's First Naval Ace (War and Society in North America)
- Mount of Aces: The Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a
- Aces of Jagdstaffel 17 (Aircraft of the Aces)