The Great Muckrock and Rosie
Most of America experienced the Vietnam War only in the form that was delivered in the evening news. The actual fighting and sacrifices in that far off jungle were borne, as is still true to this day, by a miniscule fraction of the population and their families.
There are plenty of history books and scholars that break the war down into miniature, bite-sized chunks of history, politics, science, and statistics. The Great Muckrock and Rosie, however, isn’t about accounting for the war. It is about the fighter pilots who fought that war in the air.
Fly with the men who gave their all in support their fellow troops on the ground in South Vietnam. Fly with them also as they leave the South and enter North Vietnam and Laos in an effort to dam the flow of supplies arriving through the wide open harbor at Haiphong. They pushed on, mission after mission, completing their assigned tasks for sake of doing what they thought was right.
Also meet the women in their lives. Some were adoring wives that waited at home, with little children, for dad to return. Some were single, unattached, and looking for the spice in life that a fighter pilot on leave could provide.
- Author: Ross C Detwiler
- Publication Date: 2012-05-25
- Publisher: AbbottPress
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: AbbottPress
- Binding: Paperback, 252 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 55L x 626W x 902H
- Weight: 82
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 598W x 79H
- Weight: 88
- List Price: $17.99
- ISBN: 1458203085
- ASIN: 1458203085
- Takhli Tales: and other stories
- One Trip Too Many: A pilot's memoirs of 38 months in combat over Laos and Vietnam
- Warriors At 500 Knots: Intense Stories Of Valiant Crews Flying The Legendary F-4 Phantom Ii In The Vietnam Air War.
- Charlie Chasers: History of USAF AC-119
- Life In The Wild Blue Yonder: Jet Fighter pilot stories from the Cold War