Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir
The #1 New York Times bestselling memoir by Clint Hill that Kirkus Reviews called “clear and honest prose free from salaciousness and gossip,” Jackie Kennedy’s personal Secret Service agent details his very close relationship with the First Lady during the four years leading up to and following President John F. Kennedy’s tragic assassination.
In those four years, Hill was by Mrs. Kennedy’s side for some of the happiest moments as well as the darkest. He was there for the birth of John, Jr. on November 25, 1960, as well as for the birth and sudden death of Patrick Bouvier Kennedy on August 8, 1963. Three and a half months later, the unthinkable happened.
Forty-seven years after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the one vivid image that never leaves Clint Hill’s mind is that of President Kennedy’s head lying on Mrs. Kennedy’s lap in the back seat of the limousine, his eyes fixed, blood splattered all over the back of the car, Mrs. Kennedy, and Hill as well. Sprawled on the trunk of the car as it sped away from Dealey Plaza, Hill clung to the sides of the car, his feet wedged in so his body was as high as possible.
Clint Hill jumped on the car too late to save the president, but all he knew after that first shot was that if more shots were coming, the bullets had to hit him instead of the First Lady.
Mrs. Kennedy’s strength, class, and dignity over those tragic four days in November 1963 held the country together.
This is the story, told for the first time, of the man who perhaps held her together.
- Publication Date: 2012-04-03
- Publisher: Gallery Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Gallery Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 352 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 612L x 110W x 925H
- Weight: 115
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 930L x 640W x 120H
- Weight: 115
- List Price: $26.00
- ISBN: 1451648448
- ASIN: 1451648448
- Five Days in November
- Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: The Untold Story
- These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie
- Nemesis: The True Story of Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O, and the Love Triangle That Brought Down the Kennedys