You Have To Live Hard To Be Hard: One Man's Life In Special Operations
On July 20, 1994, Dan Laguna and Carlos Guerrero of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment SOAR were in a devastating helicopter accident. Carlos died and Dan spent months in the hospital recovering from 3rd and 4th degree full thickness burns and several broken bones. His story of survival is miraculous, inspirational and motivating. He returned to duty a year later and served seven more years in his unit before retiring.
After retiring from the Army and moving to Utah, Dan took a job working as a contractor for Blackwater USA in 2004. On January 23, 2007 his brother, Art Laguna, and four of his brothers in arms were killed when their helicopter was shot down over Baghdad, Iraq.
Dan Laguna's helicopter had extensive damage due to small arms fire and was forced to land but after inspecting the helicopter and noticing dozens of insurgents racing toward them, he decided to take the risk and fly back to the Green Zone.
This book is a tribute to his fallen brothers whose, courage, bravery, and patriotism are what make this country what it is today.
- Publication Date: 2010-12-09
- Publisher: AuthorHouse
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: AuthorHouse
- Binding: Hardcover, 288 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 80L x 888W x 591H
- Weight: 127
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 910L x 630W x 130H
- Weight: 130
- List Price: $25.74
- ISBN: 144908124X
- ASIN: 144908124X
- No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden
- Roberts Ridge: A Story of Courage and Sacrifice on Takur Ghar Mountain, Afghanistan
- Lions of Kandahar: The Story of a Fight Against All Odds
- Lords Of Darkness: A History Of The 45Th Avn Bn (Sp Ops) And Okarng Aviation
- Your Life