Port Security Management
The term homeland security hardly existed before September 11, 2001, yet today it dominates public policy and the economic agendas of world governments. The transportation industries have been subjected to unprecedented scrutiny and regulatory mandates in recent years, and the port and maritime sector are no exception. Port Security Management reflects this altered landscape of the post-9/11 era, providing real-world guidelines for strategic security planning and implementation processes.
Balance security with business needs
The book begins with a historical and organizational perspective on maritime and port security. It then discusses the management of risk assessment, presenting it within the context of the unique vulnerabilities within the maritime and port environments. The important relationships between risk analysis, facility security planning, and coordination among port stakeholders—including the public and private sector businesses—provide the framework for understanding the pivotal role of security managers, security personnel, and law enforcement in ensuring the safety and security of port users and their interests.
Work cohesively with governmental and private entities
The text also addresses the ground-level issues, tasks, and responsibilities that must be managed by the security manager in concert with the port director and federal and local law enforcement agencies. The author explores the growth of multiuse port facilities for recreation, hospitality, and external business and commercial interests and offers perspectives on the role of technology in security. Finally, the book examines the need to develop contingency and emergency operations plans and work effectively with federal, state, local, and private enterprises in coordinating both routine and emergency response mechanisms.
- Author: Kenneth Christopher
- Publication Date: 2009-03-24
- Publisher: Auerbach Publications
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Auerbach Publications
- Binding: Hardcover, 336 pages
- Brand: Brand: Auerbach Publications
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 701L x 75W x 1000H
- Weight: 191
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 980L x 670W x 90H
- Weight: 185
- List Price: $104.95
- ISBN: 142006892X
- ASIN: 142006892X
- Maritime Logistics: A Complete Guide to Effective Shipping and Port Management
- My Kind of Transit: Rethinking Public Transportation
- Securing Global Transportation Networks
- Logistics & Retail Management, 3rd ed.
- McGraw-Hill Homeland Security Handbook: Strategic Guidance for a Coordinated Approach to Effective Security and Emergency Management, Second Edition