Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping--Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond
Revolutionary retail guru Paco Underhill is back with a completely revised edition of his classic, witty bestselling book on our ever-evolving consumer culture—full of fresh observations and important lessons from the cutting edge of retail such as Internet behemoths Amazon and iTunes as well as the globalization of retail in the world’s emerging markets.
Revolutionary retail guru Paco Underhill is back with a completely revised edition of his classic, witty bestselling book on our ever-evolving consumer culture -- full of fresh observations and important lessons from the cutting edge of retail, which is taking place in the world's emerging markets. New material includes:
The latest trends in online retail -- what retailers are doing right and what they're doing wrong -- and how nearly every Internet retailer from iTunes to Amazon can drastically improve how it serves its customers.
A guided tour of the most innovative stores, malls and retail environments around the world -- almost all of which are springing up in countries where prosperity is new. An enormous indoor ski slope attracts shoppers to a mall in Dubai; an uber luxurious Sao Paolo department store provides its customers with personal shoppers; a mall in South Africa has a wave pool for surfing.
The new Why We Buy is an essential guide -- it offers advice on how to keep your changing customers and entice new and eager ones.
- Author: Paco Underhill
- Publication Date: 2008-12-30
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
- Binding: Paperback, 320 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 80W x 844H
- Weight: 290.56
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 843L x 551W x 87H
- Weight: 62
- List Price: $16.00
- ISBN: 1416595244
- ASIN: 1416595244
- Buyology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
- What Women Want: The Science of Female Shopping
- Inside the Mind of the Shopper: The Science of Retailing
- Store Design and Visual Merchandising: Creating Store Space That Encourages Buying