"Corpsman Up" is the cry that echoes across the battlefield whenever a Marine is wounded in combat. The book tells the story of men at war from a unique perspective; that of a medical specialist assigned to a Marine combat platoon. It is 1969; Hospital Corpsman Mike Lombardo arrives in Vietnam determined to follow in the footsteps of his dad and grandfather in war. He quickly discovers there is nothing glamorous or heroic about war. Through Mike's eyes you go on a journey into a living hell and experience the thrills and horror of combat, the agony of the wounded and dead and see foxhole relationships develop between blacks and whites, farm boys and city kids. Experience the anguish, and concern with Mike, when friend after friend is wounded and he knows that their lives are in his hands and then wonder for the rest of his life if he did the right things.
- Author: Paul Baviello
- Publication Date: 2005-11-20
- Publisher: Lulu.com
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Lulu.com
- Binding: Paperback, 199 pages
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 882L x 598W x 71H
- Weight: 71
- List Price: $12.50
- ISBN: 141166051X
- ASIN: 141166051X
- Combat Corpsman: The Vietnam Memoir of a Navy Seals Medic
- Corpsman Up!
- The Red Caduceus: A Story about Famliy, Honor, Courage and Love
- The Untold Experiences of a Navy Corpsman: A US Navy Hospital Corpsman with a US Marine Corps Reconnaissance Patrol Team in the 1950's on covert Korean missions.
- Battlefield Angels: Saving Lives Under Enemy Fire From Valley Forge to Afghanistan (General Military)