The Last Underclass
By the 2150's, brilliant computers have automated production, middle management, and services, forcing much of the population on welfare. Genetic engineering will extend life, yet the already crowded earth can't tolerate a fall in the death rate. Society must dispose of its surplus people.
A surgeon's "resource" squad tries to kidnap young "Welfie," John "QUIET" Griffin as a "body transplant" for a rich old man. While escaping, Quiet rescues LADY ANNE, whose body and identity an aged dowager seeks.
Both then fight to save the "useless" poor from body snatching, scientific, experimentation, and genocide. They battle geneticists, neurologists, and politicians. Can thrusting science be regulated, be challenged?
Dean Warren attended UCLA, the London School of Economics, and Harvard. He sold aircraft in Southwest Asia, served in the State Department, and capped his career as Strategic Planning Director for the Electronics and Missiles Group of Martin Marietta.
- Author: Dean Warren
- Publication Date: 2002-02
- Publisher: Xlibris Corp
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Xlibris Corp
- Binding: Paperback, 400 pages
- Brand: Brand: Xlibris Corp
- ISBN13: 9781401024161
- Condition: Used - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 125L x 575W x 875H
- Weight: 105
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 856L x 556W x 103H
- Weight: 120
- List Price: $22.99
- ISBN: 1401024165
- ASIN: 1401024165