Stryker: The Siege of Sadr City
In the spring of 2008, Coalition troops responded in-force to what quickly became one of the largest, bloodiest and most influential battles of the Iraq War. For nearly three months, American and Iraqi troops fought for control over the most dangerous urban district of Baghdad, against the ruthless insurgent militia of the Jaish al-Mahdi - a struggle that would change the face of the entire war.
Sgt Ludwig's gripping narrative offers and unfiltered view of the Final Battle of Sadr City, as seen through his eyes from behind the wrath of a machine gun. Still a young idealistic boy, he enlists with a high-impact urban assault Stryker unit known as "Bull Company" and comes face-to-face with his own oblivion. Up against the full might of the Jaish al-Mahdi, they embark on a one-way mission deep behind enemy lines, to capture a well-guarded militia stronghold and defend their ground "for as long as it takes."
This is the story of what really happened in the late years of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The story our media neglected to tell.
- Author: Konrad R.K. Ludwig
- Publication Date: 2013-01-01
- Publisher: Roland-Kjos Publishing
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Roland-Kjos Publishing
- Binding: Paperback, 446 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 551L x 90W x 850H
- Weight: 113
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 850L x 560W x 110H
- Weight: 125
- List Price: $14.99
- ISBN: 0985339802
- ASIN: 0985339802
- House to House: An Epic Memoir of War
- Level Zero Heroes: The Story of U.S. Marine Special Operations in Bala Murghab, Afghanistan
- One Million Steps: A Marine Platoon at War
- Lions of Kandahar: The Story of a Fight Against All Odds
- Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan