Leading With Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton
Make Every Step Count on Your Leadership JourneyHow did American Military leaders in the brutal POW camps of North Vietnam inspire their followers for six, seven, or eight years to remain committed to the mission, resist a cruel enemy, and return home with honor? What leadership principles engendered such extreme devotion, perseverance, and teamwork?
In this powerful and practical book, Lee Ellis, a former Air Force pilot, candidly talks about his five and a half years of captivity and the fourteen key leadership principles behind this amazing story. As a successful executive coach and corporate consultant, he helps leaders of Fortune 500 companies, healthcare executives, small business owners, and entrepreneurs utilize these same pressure-tested principles to increase their personal and organizational success.
In Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton, you will learn:
- courageous lessons from POW leaders facing torture in the crucible of captivity.
- How successful teams are applying these same lessons and principles.
- How to implement these lessons using the Coaching sessions provided in each chapter.
In the book's Foreword, Senator John McCain states, ''In Leading with Honor, Lee draws from the POW experience, including some of his own personal story, to illustrate the crucial impact of leadership on the success of any organization. He highlights lessons and principles that can be applied to every leadership situation.''
This book is ideal for individual or group study as a personal development, coaching, human resource development, or executive training resource.
2013 Recipient - U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff Reading List
2012 International Book Awards
- Winner - Business: Management and Leadership Category
- Finalist - Non-Fiction Book Cover
2012 Indie Excellence Awards
- Winner - Leadership Category
- Winner - Non-Fiction Book Cover
- Author: Lee Ellis
- Publication Date: 2012-05-14
- Publisher: Freedom Star Media
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Freedom Star Media
- Binding: Hardcover, 256 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 906L x 91W x 610H
- Weight: 130
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 920L x 620W x 100H
- Weight: 120
- List Price: $22.99
- ISBN: 0983879303
- ASIN: 0983879303
- Taps on the Walls: Poems from the Hanoi Hilton
- Counterstrike: The Untold Story of America's Secret Campaign Against Al Qaeda
- Surviving Hell: A POW'S Journey
- Need, Speed, and Greed: How the New Rules of Innovation Can Transform Businesses, Propel Nations to Greatness, and Tame the World's Most Wicked Problems
- I Always Wanted to Fly: America's Cold War Airmen