Plug Your Book! Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity through Social Networking
Get massive exposure for your book, no special computer skills needed -- trade published or self published, fiction or nonfiction. Steve Weber is author of KindleBuffet.com, a daily list of free and discounted Kindle books.
- Discover why authors fail with paid advertising, pay-per-click, fee-based reviews, and "bestseller" campaigns.
- Blog to connect with readers, driving them to Amazon and bookstores.
- Boost your visibility with Google, ignite word-of-mouth with social networks for viral marketing.
- Capitalize on peer content and "amateur" book reviews.
Praise for PLUG YOUR BOOK!
"I don't care if you're writing a computer book, a science fiction novel or the next great self-help guide, you need to get your hands on a copy of Steve Weber's Plug Your Book! ... I highly recommend this one to every author out there."
-- Joe Wikert, executive publisher, John Wiley & Sons Inc., professional/trade division
"An amazingly rich collection of cutting-edge promotional tactics and strategies. Makes most other books about online publicity look sickly."
-- Aaron Shepard, author: Aiming at Amazon
"In-depth information about using Amazon as a marketing platform."
-- Christine McNeil Montano, Amazon Top Reviewer
"...I have launched online campaigns for more than 1,000 books. I've worked with most of America's largest book publishers, helping many of them build online marketing departments. The book you're holding now is the new training manual."
-- Steve O'Keefe, author: Publicity on the Internet
"Practical, pragmatic, low-cost ideas for promoting the heck out of your own book, whether it's fiction, nonfiction, technical, business or anything else."
-- Dave Taylor, author: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Growing Your Business with Google
"The first comprehensive guide to Internet book publicity."
-- Morris Rosenthal, publisher, Foner Books
"A wealth of ideas for making your book stand out, including many techniques for Internet buzz you won't find elsewhere."
-- Jane Corn, Amazon Top Reviewer
Taking control of your book sales
One big caveat
How to use this book
Electric word of mouth
Riding the big river
Amazon's 'long tail'
Amazon Bestseller Campaigns
Making the list
How Bestseller Campaigns work
... and this is success?
Is it worth it?
Amateur book reviews
Credibility through peers
Getting more Amazon reviews
Amazon Top Reviewers
Contacting Top Reviewers
Etiquette in approaching reviewers
Finding more Amazon reviewers
More ways to get reviews
Building your author Web site
Building blocks of your site
A survey of author Web sites
Your online press kit
Multimedia for books
Advanced Amazon tools
Buy X, Get Y
Weaknesses of BXGY
Free paired placement
Single New Product e-mails
Google, Amazon, digital contentGoogle Book Search
Accidental book discovery
Instant Online Access
Google Print on Demand
Yahoo Search Marketing
Amazon Sales Rank
Analyzing your traffic
Search engine optimization
Length of your lease
Web site cardinal sins
Selling on Amazon, beyond
Print on demand
Handling sales on your site
Other major online retailers
Barnes & Noble
Ethics of online marketing
- Author: Steve Weber
- Publication Date: 2007-02-25
- Publisher: Weber Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Weber Books
- Binding: Paperback, 204 pages
- Brand: Brand: Weber Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 550L x 52W x 850H
- Weight: 57
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 840L x 550W x 50H
- Weight: 65
- List Price: $18.95
- ISBN: 0977240614
- ASIN: 0977240614
- Publicize Your Book (Updated): An Insider's Guide to Getting Your Book the Attention It Deserves
- Aiming at Amazon: The NEW Business of Self Publishing, or How to Publish Your Books with Print on Demand and Online Book Marketing on Amazon.com
- How To Market A Book
- Sell Your Book Like Wildfire: The Writer's Guide to Marketing and Publicity
- Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book