Hamfist Down!: Evasion, Survival and Combat in the Jungle (Volume 2)
It's August, 1969. Hamilton “Hamfist” Hancock has been shot down over Laos, and must use all his skill, and luck, to avoid capture and certain, violent death. To facilitate his rescue, he must become a ground FAC and direct airstrikes against North Vietnamese targets on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. And, to survive, he must engage in hand-to-hand combat. But Hamfist may face his greatest battle after his rescue. Back in Vietnam, while recuperating at the hospital at Cam Ranh Bay, he experiences a sapper attack. And, following his return to the air, Hamfist is tormented by a flying error, an error which may have cost a comrade his life. Only time will tell if Hamfist can regain his self-respect and passion. On his final flight, Hamfist faces a brutal enemy in a life-or-death duel that will determine if he will be shot down once again or return home to his soul-mate. The rescue, the airborne mistake and the final battle force Hamfist to reevaluate his priorities in his career, in his flying, and in his life.
- Author: G. E. Nolly
- Publication Date: 2012-09-28
- Publisher: Hamfist Down!
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Hamfist Down!
- Binding: Paperback, 238 pages
- Brand: Brand: Hamfist Down
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 500L x 60W x 800H
- Weight: 58
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 790L x 500W x 90H
- Weight: 60
- List Price: $10.95
- ISBN: 0975436228
- ASIN: 0975436228
- Hamfist Over The Trail: The Air Combat Adventures of Hamilton "Hamfist" Hancock (Volume 1)
- Hamfist Over Hanoi: Wolfpack on the Prowl (The Adventures of Hamilton "Hamfist" Hancock) (Volume 4)
- Hamfist Out: The Chill Is Gone
- Hamfist At DaNang: The FAC Diaries (Hamfist Trilogy Part 1 and 2)
- Takhli Tales: and other stories