Role of Transportation in the Supply Chain
This is a valuable resource for professionals and an accessible guide for students. As an industry manual, the focus is the backbone of the supply chain, the physical transport of goods. As a textbook, the design is ideal: points are highlighted with images and charts, a detailed glossary and index, and chapter discussion questions. An appendix adds supplemental resources such as sample contracts and a list of trade publications.
Transportation as a field is addressed: international transportation; the history of transportation regulation in the USA; transportation management, payment, and pricing; freight bill payment; and management information systems (MIS). Separate analysis is given to each mode of transport: motor carriers, rail carriers, air carriers, pipelines, domestic water carriers, and special carriers. The book concludes with an introduction to carrier-shipper relationships.
About the Authors
J. Kenneth Hazen is President and CEO of CTSI, a global supply chain solutions company. Ken earned his BBA from what is now the University of Memphis. He acquired CTSI in 1982; six years later, it was named to the "Inc. 500." Ken has served in his alma mater's alumni association and board of visitors. He is a Past Chairman of Catholic Charities of West Tennessee and has raised funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Clifford F. Lynch, Principal of C. F. Lynch & Associates, has advised logistics services since 1993. Previously, Cliff was VP - Logistics of Quaker Oats and President of Trammell Crow Distribution. He earned his BS (University of Tennessee) and MBA (University of Chicago). A Past President of CSCMP, he has written several books and is on review boards of three periodicals. He is a Director and Past Chairman of the Mid-South Food Bank.
Ken and Cliff also published The Role of Freight Bill Payment and Transportation Management Information in the Supply Chain Industry. Together, they have over 75 years of experience.
- Publication Date: 2008-09-01
- Publisher: CFL Publishing
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: CFL Publishing
- Binding: Hardcover, 322 pages
- Brand: Brand: CFL Publishing
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 880L x 600W x 100H
- Weight: 195
- ISBN: 0974416746
- ASIN: 0974416746
- Securing Global Transportation Networks
- Maritime Logistics: A Complete Guide to Effective Shipping and Port Management
- Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management (McGraw-Hill/Irwin Series in Operations and Decision Sciences)
- Logistics and Retail Management: Emerging Issues and New Challenges in the Retail Supply Chain
- My Kind of Transit: Rethinking Public Transportation (Center for American Places - My Kind of . . .)